Real and Raw Live – Real conversations around the emotional journey of being an entrepreneur. Our topic today is Authenticity with Megan Gibson from Mega Media Mentors
Posted by Susan Deans on Wednesday, 7 June 2017
My guest today is Megan Gibson of Mega Media Mentors, helping entrepreneurs build connections online through social media. We discussed authenticity and being yourself in business and online.
In this show you’ll learn:
- How we can be connected online and offline without being sucked into the vortex of social media.
- How we can use social media as a tool for real connection.
- We talk about what happens when you compare yourself to others online and how it impacts your brand.
- How you feel when you are NOT being authentic. When you try to be something that you are not, its hard work!
- How social media can sometimes feel not good enough.
- Ellen DeGeneres on being authentic. It takes courage to be vulnerable and be yourself.
- Trends on social platforms: it’s all about storytelling and being able to share your story. People will buy from people they know, like and trust.
- Being authentic means making it about your clients and giving them more value.
- What stops people being authentic in business? Everything starts with being aware of knowing who you are how you feel about yourself.
- The importance of being yourself, online and offline.
Ellen interview mentioned in the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyodLr-4oY